Inventory Quality Analyst
Inventory Quality Data Analyst
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and innovative professional to join our Inventory Quality Team. Within our Data Integration Department, Inventory Quality sits at the intersection of business and technology. Focused on creating end-to-end connectivity and visibility within Wayfair’s supply chain and a network of 7,000+ drop-ship suppliers by leveraging technology such as EDI, API, & other homegrown solutions – the Data Integration Department is a key player to the broader Supplier Operations Strategy. Inventory Quality collaborates cross-functionally with several internal departments including Engineering, Business Intelligence, Operations Product Innovation, Supplier Operations, Logistics, Category Management, & Marketing.
The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. We’re looking for someone who is data minded – when presented with a symptom, they will work with internal teams, external suppliers, and use datasets to find patterns and identify the root cause. If you are independent, self-driven individual who is “never done”, this is the job for you!
- Leverage analytics and technology to solve business problems; develop innovative answers to complex business and IT challenges
- Use SQL to extract data to conduct preliminary analysis by leveraging excel and other data visualization tools
- Dissect and determine root causes of problems and help implement solutions
- Partner with Business intelligence to build out robust, automated reporting to disseminate findings across the broader Supplier Operations department
- As part of a new team, develop new strategies and different ways to attack supply chain/inventory quality problems that negatively impact the customer and Wayfair’s repeat rate
- Serve as department subject matter expert on all things inventory and integration options
- Partner with Supplier facing teams to provide key insights and recommendations for supplier process and data integrity improvement
- 1-4 years of experience in Consulting, E-Commerce or Supply Chain related fields
- Creative, pragmatic thinker and constant desire to make processes better
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization, while having fun doing it!
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- MBA nice to have but not required
- Intermediate SQL knowledge, advanced Excel, basic regression modeling
- Experience working with API, EDI, and/or Inventory/Warehouse Management Systems
- An academic background in:
- Information Systems/Decision Sciences/Computer Sciences
- Engineering (all disciplines)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-SO