Product Manager, Interior Design Experience
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
As a Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, other internal partners, and often fellow product managers to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. As the CEO of your product(s), you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
Our customer is the Interior Designer who generates billions of dollars annually across the industry. In this role you’ll be working on developing new products across web and mobile platforms that will help these designers better manage, organize and streamline their projects with the goal of helping them grow and scale their business.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be a consummate communicator, have direct management experience, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
How you’ll drive success:
- Product Manager’s at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
You’re who we’re looking for if:
- 4+ years experience in ecommerce or B2C product management
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices
- Experience leading user research and survey design
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for full year 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: PMGMT