Ocean Import Manager
The Ocean Freight Services Team is looking to add an Ocean Import Manager to help support the operations and growth of our ocean program. This person will be responsible for overseeing the daily planning and execution of ocean import movements coming to the US. He/She will utilize extensive knowledge of ocean freight and supply chain processes, to create efficiencies that drive visibility, consistent transit time and reduce spend. This person will also be expected to identify and manage quality external transportation partners to create lasting value add.
Who we are:
Inbound Freight Management is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering.
What you will do:
- Drive product quality on ocean service products. (NGS and NVO) and support the Dray team for success.
- Support CastleGate teams for successful implementation of ocean products and services for new Suppliers/Clients. (Dray, Direct Import and NVO Supplier/clients)
- Oversee and improve day to day operations for compliance, service quality and financial performance.
- Lead and support decision making processes on container movements.
- Ensure proper and timely communications with overseas agent/partners.
- Work closely with the ocean team to develop their skills and career opportunities.
- Report up to leadership on results and recommendations for the ocean products and services.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.