Manager, Demand Forecasting
Manager, Demand Forecasting
Wayfair is a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered out of Downtown Boston with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture! Wayfair is transforming the way people shop for their homes and heavily relies on analytics to drive decisions!
The Supply Chain Planning team is looking to add a Manager to the group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business questions and play a key role in driving some of Wayfair’s top strategic initiatives. We welcome applications from across a range of backgrounds and experiences (e.g., management consulting, advanced analytics in a corporate setting, business/operations analytics).
Who we are: The Demand Forecasting team (within Supply Chain Planning) uses in depth analytics and business acumen to make smart, strategic demand planning decisions with the goal of effectively and economically managing inventory for our suppliers and our network and to provide customers a superior experience. The Supply Chain Planning team initiatives are highly visible across Wayfair and require close cross functional collaboration with Category Management, Finance, Supplier Operations, CastleGate, Promotions, Warehousing, Engineering and Operations Research. We take on big questions and use data and analytics to help drive business decisions.
What you will do:
- Identify opportunities to streamline the existing processes from beginning to end (i.e. technology development, forecast generation, data availability, automating manual processes etc.)
- Help grow small scale initiatives into mature and thriving programs though strong analysis and process development.
- Develop methodology for analyses
- Analyze metrics (e.g., forecast accuracy) and provide recommendations on how to improve performance
- Present performance trends, roadmaps and improvements to senior management
- Manage stakeholder expectations and relationships through clear communication, transparency and accountability
- Collaborate with senior leaders to project manage cross functional initiatives
Who you are:
- You have at least 2 - 4 years of experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or financial analytics experience
- You have a degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics/Finance, Statistics or other concentrations with quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in proceeding with analysis even when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Senior Presence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Must be a strong Excel user
- Must have experience with SQL or a comparable coding language
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
And for more information, check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network! https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhsTag: SCL-CG