Associate Designer, Production
Associate Designer, Production
Wayfair’s Lifestyle Brands’ (AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, and Perigold) Creative team is looking for a highly productive Photoshop expert and junior designer.
Primary tasks for this role include graphic design, file, and website management. Must be a designer with an eye for detail, an interest in technology, and a knack for organization as you’ll be expected to manage digital images for dozens of sales each day. Our ideal candidate will also have experience with photography and photo-editing / manipulation.
You’ll work closely with our promotions, marketing, email and ad teams; as well as our photography studio and many others. Your role will be to ensure the quality of images and designs we put out are world-class – and you’ll get the opportunity to learn new creative skills and the business of eCommerce along the way.
- Daily production and management of proprietary, supplier, and stock photography (receiving, cropping, and uploading files into our CMS system daily; utilizing your understanding of composition, perspective, lighting, our brands and technology to ensure the best visuals possible)
- Incorporating graphic elements and typography into our images for special promotions, following best practices in production and mobile-first design.
- Close collaboration with designers, active participation in critiques.
- Efficiently rework images by cloning, color-correcting, resizing, compositing, adding shadows, adjusting light sources, and using complex image masks and adjustment layers as needed.
- Creation and management of your own production schedule.
- Daily site, email, and mobile app QA.
- As needed- help produce advertising, web / site banners, and email designs that reflect brand standards and customer interests.
- Bachelor’s degree (graphic design or related field preferred)
- Professional-Level knowledge (4+ years of experience) working in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, with an emphasis on Photoshop
- 2-3 years’ experience in photo-editing / image manipulation.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to participate in critique and respond positively to feedback
- A solid understanding of design, color, and typographic principles
- Proficiency using a MAC
- Enthusiasm for home furnishings and eCommerce
- We need to see your work! Please submit a link to your online portfolio, or include samples with your application. High-quality examples of graphic design and photo-editingare required for consideration.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE