Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Windows (m/f)
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Windows
At Wayfair, we are looking to strengthen and grow our Production Operations team by bringing on board talented SRE engineers to join our windows team that manages large scale physical and virtual server environment that underpins our global e-commerce platform. In this role, you will be involved with and exposed to a wide variety of systems and technologies. The team is aggressively moving towards “Infrastructure as Code” model. We are looking for someone with “automation” mindset. A willingness to work with Linux systems is a plus.
This role requires extremely high degree of troubleshooting, automation and Service/Product setup skillset with strong focus on improving MTTD and MTTR.
Some of our larger initiatives include:
- End to End Automation of system builds
- Ongoing scaling of our platform to support forecasted holiday traffic
- Puppet module standardization and improving automation of systems, processes, and services
- Data center expansion and moving to the cloud
Responsibilities for the team include, but are not limited to:
- Own SLA for Production Systems
- Drive faster MTTD/MTTR for critical systems
- Troubleshoot independently Sev1/Sev2 incidents
- Own/Manage/Support baseline Operating System image/templates
- Support CI/CD
- Maintain and review DSC/puppet modules and support the provisioning infrastructure
- Own and operate all package repos (python/java/rpm/etc.) using tools such as Pulp, Artifactory, etc.
- Drive efficiencies across hybrid cloud (GCP, Azure, OnPrem)
- Invent innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency
- Drive scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure
- Own production systems scaling & throughput
- Work with other teams to provide consultations in systems architecture support for new and existing production systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university desired
- 5-8 years’ systems administration/Site Reliability/Platform/DevOps background
- Full stack Windows Server Experience - Development / Administration
- Strong understanding of IIS web servers and performance tuning
- Strong experience with infrastructure including but not limited to data center operations, server hardware, web servers (IIS, jboss, etc.), databases (MS SQL, mySQL, mongoDB), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with structured programing languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with .NET and RestAPI is a plus
- Familiarity with DSC (Desired State Configuration) and other Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack is a plus
- Experience working with source control tools such as Git, SVN, or TFS
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab CI etc.
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automated testing etc.
- Experience with cloud (Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.) and hybrid cloud technologies (Terraform, Openstack, etc.)
- Knowledge of containers and microservices is a plus
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Get excited by being assigned tasks/projects that you have no idea how to do
- ‘No I have never touched it before, but give me a chance and I will figure it out!’ attitude
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Driven to learn and try new things
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.