Senior Manager, Supply Chain Strategy
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Strategy
About the Role:
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience drive cross-functional improvements and championing innovative thinking to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair.
The Inventory Planning function achieves a competitive advantage for Wayfair: by increasing the availability of product (in-stock on-site) with fast delivery (2-day badging), Wayfair can improve customer experience and drive significant revenue growth. There are multiple ways to improve availability, through Wayfair-owned inventory, the CastleGate program, or through Supplier drop-ship fulfillment. This role will manage a team to develop metrics, systems, and processes to achieve these goals.
A successful Senior Manager of Supply Chain Strategy will:
- Partner with leaders across Inventory Planning, Operations Product Innovation (Product Management), Operations Research, and other Operations teams to develop a strategy for building an infrastructure of technology, data, people, and processes that would result in optimal Inventory Planning decision-making and successful execution across all sourcing options
- Develop a framework for decisions including sourcing strategy, supplier/item selection, positioning, demand consolidation, replenishment, and inventory management
- Identify the KPIs for measuring success of the availability program and identifying the necessary steps to build and deliver the KPIs
- Create a framework by which planners can engage with suppliers to drive success, including synchronization of data/inputs, replenishment execution, forecast consumption, and performance management
- Outline the technology and tools necessary for successful process execution or enhancements to the current technology infrastructure
- Manage 1-3 analysts to drive insights and business growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in operations, engineering, consulting, strategy or finance with direct management experience preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently partner with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
- Proficiency with SQL and ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing a competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. To accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. Suppliers ship inventory directly to Wayfair warehouses on consignment. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Tag: SCL-CG