Supplier Acquisition Manager (m/f)
We are Wayfair, the largest online retailer for household goods in the US, NYSE listed and rapidly growing our European operations. This is your opportunity to join our fast-paced and talented team on our mission to conquer the European market.
We are now seeking a Supplier Acquisition Manager whose primary challenge will be to grow the Wayfair catalogue and make sure we always have all products and styles available in the market on the Wayfair website. You will be directly responsible for managing a team of junior and senior buyers, executing tactics, and working closely with senior management on strategy and process improvements. This is a highly cross functional role partnering with our Category Management, Operations and Merchandising teams. Being a self-starter and creative problem solver with a passion for all things home, you will have full ownership of your projects, driving our European business forward!
- Manage a buying team based in Berlin, be responsible for the team targets and report them to senior management
- Work with category management on identifying gaps and the right suppliers to fill them
- Closely align with senior management on process improvements
- Analyze the current catalogue and competitor websites to find new suppliers
Your skills and experience
- German and English language fluency is mandatory, any other European language is a plus
- Smart, strategic, and creative thinker
- Proven track record in leading and managing people
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic projects and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with hands-on commercial experience
- Comfortable in a technology-driven, numbers-oriented business environment
- Experience in negotiation preferred
What we offer:
- Industry competitive salary, bonus and equity package
- A great team right in the startup hub of Berlin
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- The chance to implement and drive your own ideas without unnecessary bureaucracy
- The chance to build and develop your own team in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- The opportunity to have a major tangible impact on Wayfair’s European expansion
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.