Senior Manager, Outbound Sales Enablement
Are you passionate about people, process, and technology? Do you identify yourself as a strategic thinker? Would you love to be part of a rapidly growing company that is a leading eCommerce company in the world? If yes, keep reading about this exciting new strategic leadership opportunity within Wayfair!
If you're unfamiliar with Wayfair- we are a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered out of Boston’s Back Bay with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture.
The Sales & Service organization is experiencing explosive growth, driving the need to support our customers, ensuring exceptional service, and a positive shopping experience.
As a result, the Sales Innovation team is a newly formed strategic department, responsible for accelerating revenue growth by designing and enabling the best sales experience for both the customer and sales agents. Our customer-centric sales teams are in Utah, Texas, New York, and Massachusetts, Ireland and Germany.
People, Process, and Technology are the 3 pillars of the Sales Innovation team.
In this role, as the Head of the Outbound Sales Program, you would manage a growing portfolio of outbound sales experiences, where you would oversee the outbound sales team’s growth, implementing new processes & technology, and equipping the sales team with the right tools for success. As a strong leader and strategic thinker, you will be challenged in this highly visible and cross-functional role, creating value for our sales teams while generating new and incremental revenue. The Head of Outbound Sales will manage a current portfolio of business generating over 300 million in revenue and be responsible for doubling the unit’s revenue by the end of the year.
Example of Projects:
- Currently, the outbound team has 3 in-market programs which are growing at a rapid rate. These programs require development of a play book for growth success, a plan for optimization and process improvements and a way to better measure conversion success. A key question we are trying to answer: How can we better understand what constitutes a quality lead? We recognize not all leads are created equal, but what are the right parameters we should use to evaluate and measure success.
- Wayfair, is rapidly growing key segments of its catalog and the outbound team is a central player in driving this growth. The Sales Innovation team must develop a set of repeatable processes to determine the best lead types, what constitutes success, how do we test and manage all these new lead types and what process and technology we want to leverage to drive a high-quality customer experience. This project will open massive revenue opportunities for the outbound sales team and as the leader of this business unit you will have a key hand in shaping how we implement and measure this program for success.
- Own the people, process, and technology enablement of the end-to-end outbound B2C sales experience
- Interact with inside sales teams on delivery success, process improvements and solving challenges
- Partner with Product Managers to think critical about technology enablement
- Work with Category Managers to ensure alignment to marketing strategy
- Contribute to building the Sales Innovation department
- Convey innovative ideas that question status quo
- Develop ambiguous ideas, formulate the strategies, influence others, and execute to remedy complex problems
- Masters or MBA from top tier school desired with minimum 2 years management consulting experience.
- Minimum of 5 + years of progressive leadership experience managing teams, major projects, and business growth
- Management experience desired
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- A demonstrated record of project management and driving results
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Creative thinking with customer focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Sales and Service at Wayfair
The Sales and Service team is responsible for using our knowledge of the customer to deliver exceptional service and positive shopping experiences across phone, chat, social media, and other customer engagement channels. Our footprint is global with teams in Utah, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, Ireland, UK, and Germany. Sales and Service leadership team members are equal parts general manager and innovator. We write our own playbook for success and work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class pre- and post-sales support while always raising the bar for ourselves and the industry.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Check out some of the teams and industry-disrupting strategies we support: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs