Manager, Inventory Planning Strategy
Manager, Inventory Planning Strategy
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience in business management, driving organizational change, and championing innovative thinking to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair to support business growth of 3-4x. This role will be responsible for the end-to-end inventory health across a Wayfair category or categories. You will develop and execute a sourcing strategy focused on driving top and bottom line growth, to include initiatives such as: low-cost overseas sourcing to drive margin gain in Wayfair’s key categories, domestic shipments to drive in-stock rates, and continuous improvement projects to drive efficiencies and effectiveness. Thus, this role will require working with teams across the company such as Category Management, Warehousing, Engineering, and Finance, and engaging with C-level executives.
- Own supplier relationships within a Wayfair category or categories for inventory management issues and develop and execute strategies to optimize supplier performance to key metrics, such as sales, turns, in-stock, aging, and network balance
- Lead initiatives to drive improvements in the Inventory Planning systems, data, and processes
- Manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, purchasing, and liquidating aged inventory
- Drive root cause analyses to investigate underperformance, develop action plans to address, and lead the implementation of solutions
- Develop and execute replenishment orders and manage supplier fulfillment
- Align Wayfair teams (Operations, Promotions, Category Management, etc.) to ensure strong supplier execution and to understand and manage the demand drivers that impact the supplier growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 5+ years of experience in operations, retail, engineering, consulting, strategy or finance with direct management experience preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office required and with SQL preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
And for more information, check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network!https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs Tag: SCL-CG