Associate Director, Product Management – Sales and Operations Planning and Optimization
Associate Director, Product Management
Sales and Operations Planning and Optimization
Wayfair is looking for a strategic product leader with a strong S&OP background, and experience building software to join our Operations Product Innovation department. In this highly visible role you will lead our Global Sales and Operations Planning and Optimization product team.
You will lead a team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for our Global S&OP function, which provides integrated decision-making systems that balance consumer demand and supplier production in aggregate, align operational planning with financial planning, and link strategic planning with day-to-day sales and operational activities. You will drive a cross-enterprise decision-making process with the executive leadership team, making appropriate supply-chain trade-offs across various functional groups and measuring success of the team’s investments. This role is global in scope, and requires understanding and integration of Wayfair’s supply chain networks across the entire enterprise.
As the Product leader for the Global S&OP team, you will build reports and drive strategy, discovery, development, adoption, and value creation throughout the planning process. This includes working with our storefront teams to understand the scope, details, and growth rates of consumer demand, and with our supplier-facing teams to develop a deep understanding of both supplier dropship networks and our own Castlegate Fulfillment and Logistics network. It also requires integrated views of inbound and outbound transportation throughout the network and detailed forecasts of Warehouse usage and optimization. Your work will drive optimization of resource utilization across the network, for short-, medium-, and long-term time periods.
What you will do:
- Partner with senior leaders to define vision and strategy
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers and associates
- Advise business leaders throughout our operations teams on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of OPI at large
Attributes of a Great Candidate:
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership of areas of responsibility by defining and pursuing measurable business goals and outcomes
- Can clearly articulate how his/her work drove those business outcomes
- Has a bias for action and a “get it done” attitude; understands that the perfect is the enemy of the good
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences that solve real user problems
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment; can manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- 5+ years product management experience working with supply chain or network optimization systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Strong project management skills
- Educational background in either a technology or business discipline preferred
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Proficient and comfortable with relational database query languages and data architecture
- Subject matter familiarity of supply chain analytics and network optimization strongly preferred
- Subject matter familiarity in machine learning, statistical optimization and AI also strongly preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.