Senior Analyst, Carrier Strategy, Small Parcel
SENIOR ANALYST – Carrier Strategy, Small Parcel
The Small Parcel Carrier Strategy team is looking for data-driven analysts eager to play a meaningful role in shaping our transportation strategy. If you are a creative problem-solver, a strong communicator, and comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly changing landscape, we’d love to speak with you!
Within Wayfair’s Supply Chain & Logistics organization, the Carrier Strategy team designs and drives supply chain initiatives in pursuit of cost efficiency, operational excellence, and a best-in-class customer experience. We take a highly data-driven approach to developing and managing strategic relationships with major national and regional carriers. We regularly partner with technology, finance, and field operations teams to execute on our agendas.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Translating high-level business problems into more specific questions and then structuring analyses to answer those questions
- Identifying and driving opportunities to lower shipping costs by assessing contracted ship rates, supplier and warehouse operations, and network routing
- Partnering with in-house tech and consulting teams to identify, validate, and iterate on key business requirements for technology solutions that will support various carrier strategy initiatives
- Extracting, qualifying, structuring, and modeling large datasets using SQL and Excel
- Regularly presenting data and insights with a clear point of view
- Evaluate and then drive new carrier partnership opportunities by assessing cost, coverage, and operational capabilities
- Work cross-functionally to support design and launch of proprietary delivery network for mid-sized furniture
- Coalesce internal and external inputs to drive insights into final mile delivery costs and determine sensitivity of various key model assumptions
Who you are:
- A self-starter who is excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- 2 - 5 years of experience in an analytical/consulting role; supply chain or logistics experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, Mathematics, or other concentrations with quantitative focus preferred
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights, and then proactively communicate those insights
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Passion for solving complex business problems and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and/or complete information is not available
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required, SQL and other languages a plus
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: ANLT-OA