Head of Returns Customer Experience & Reverse Supply Chain
Head of Returns Experience and Reverse Supply Chain
Wayfair is maniacally focused on customer experience. Perhaps not surprisingly, a customer’s need to return an item can lead to a challenging experience, especially with the size and weight of the product that Wayfair sells. Our goal is to make sure that our customers feel confident that if the product he or she received is not quite right, it is easy, affordable, and worry-free for the customer to end up with a product that he or she loves. In addition to being an important part of the customer experience, returns has an outsized impact on the economics of the ecommerce model.
Wayfair is in the process of building a purpose-built returns product that provides our customers the experience they desire at a cost that is affordable to Wayfair. We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep passion for customer experience and building teams to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. This person will need to be flexible in thinking to be able to drive customer experience and also manage the operations of the reverse supply chain. This will require the ability to be data driven in decision making and lead the necessary blocking and tackling to drive significant improvement in our supply chain.
- Lead and grow a ‘start-up’ group that is less than a year old
- Run a >$100M revenue P&L and have ownership over driving highly visible customer and cost metrics
- Stand up returns warehouse and outlet store; drive returns-specific warehouse process to maximize revenue
- Work closely with product, engineering, and business intelligence to prioritize and execute on an audacious agenda—be part of a new cross-functional initiative within the Wayfair supply chain
- Partner with key senior stakeholders—including category management, sales and services, merchandising, warehousing, and all aspects of operations—to drive measurable results related to customer experience and financial performance
- Be a great leader and invest in the development of your team
- Work closely with the General Manager of Post-Delivery Customer Experience to design the optimal team structure to attack an important and complex problem
- Engage with C-level executives to clearly articulate the roadmap and status on highly visible initiatives
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions.
- A relationship builder with the ability to form strong connections with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Proven analytics ability coupled with strong business acumen–demonstrated ability to use data to drive business decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Zest for the ambiguity that comes from a start-up function, failing fast and learning from failure to drive continuously better outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to create and develop high-performing teams
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-L