Associate Director - Product Management, Freight Systems (m/f)
Are you passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences? Do you like the complexity of working in a global, rapidly growing company but also want the freedom to build a world-class product management team and process from the ground up? If so, we are looking for you to join our Operations Product Innovation team as the European lead for the Freight Systems in the EU Transportation Systems team.
The successful candidate will transform data into insights and strategy to improve the operational software that enables Wayfair to achieve its business goals. You will lead a team of experienced Product Managers to help them generate ideas for new tools and enhancements, and ensure that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will be responsible for working cross functionally with the senior management, making appropriate project related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
What you will do:
- Develop a hiring plan to support that roadmap and build and mentor a team of experienced Product Managers to translate that vision into robust, intuitive systems
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Define the collaboration model with your North American peers
- Ensure that both North American and EU-specific nuances are supported within a global technology platform and make recommendations to deviate where appropriate
- Rapidly pilot solutions and processes to support European needs, and determine opportunities to apply them more broadly across the organization
- Extensive experience in Product Management working with transportation systems
- Significant experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical background, or technical orientation
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL
What we offer
- A competitive salary, bonus, and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast-paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results, not on hours spent in the office.
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.