The profile of a Warehouse Supervisor is that of managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. This individual will also be managing warehouse workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse workers. This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product along with supervisory duties.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory. Work areas include: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Coordinating movement of product to OIR, QA, or Medic operation as needed
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery
- Safe operation of all equipment, including Powered Industrial Truck operations (PITO), hand tools, and other equipment in the operation
- Operate equipment as necessary
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Certified, or ability to be certified on PITO equipment
- Working understanding of WMS system
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
Education and Qualifications:Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or five years working experience in product distribution to customer base
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is committed to recruiting and hiring the best candidates for all roles, and from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Wayfair is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Wayfair Recruiting.