The 3D Visualization team is a new and rapidly growing and changing team within Wayfair. The team is working on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. The team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals; it is important that applicants are comfortable with constant change and rigorous prioritization of work.
Applicants for the Operations Manager role must be ready to work autonomously and to negotiate fiercely on behalf of Wayfair. This team member will be critical to the team’s ability to scale as quickly as we have planned.
- Work autonomously as an entrepreneur to source new 3D modeling contractors for Wayfair
- Evolve and improve the MVP framework the 3D team currently has in place for testing with and onboarding new contractors
- 3D modeling contractors have historically been sourced via Upwork, Google searches, and trade shows, but there is opportunity to get creative and explore new avenues
- Practice savvy negotiating skills in order to secure the best pricing for Wayfair
- Work against a timeline and a forecast to deliver 3D modeling capacity
- Represent Wayfair in the 3D modeling marketplace as a firm, respectful partner with high expectations
- Desire to work in a rapid pace environment with a lot of high level visibility
- Derive energy from change; it’s a constant on the team; as our 3D modeling capacity grows, this role will evolve, and you will have the opportunity to shape it
- Desire to develop as a manager of people as the team is growing and there is the opportunity for strong performers to have a management role
- BA/BS degree, with strong academic record
- 5+ years of work experience
- People-oriented, positive and energetic attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fierce negotiator
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong sense of urgency
- High degree of professionalism
- Positive “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor
- Prior experience in the 3D Visualization field is not required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CUE-3D