Accounting Manager, Internal Controls (SOX)
Partner with our business leaders to help them manage risk and support our expanding business operations. Design policies and procedures for new business processes, while enhancing our existing internal control over financial reporting program. Coordinate and prepare all SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and 8-Ks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discuss questions, communicate findings, and opportunities for improvement with control owners.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes, policies and procedures to enhance the control environment.
- Monitor changes in business, processes and systems. Provide support to stakeholders to ensure any required updates to control documentation and testing procedures are completed timely.
- Manage quarterly and annual process for filing the Forms 10-Q and 10-K adhering to strict timelines, including drafting and filing financial statements and footnote disclosures and coordinating review by management, legal counsel, and independent accountants.
- Identify sustainable strategic improvements, suggest corrective actions, coordinate implementation, and track efficiencies achieved.
- Maintain external reporting calendar including scheduling and coordination of independent auditors.
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial reporting, control environment, and key accounting decisions.
- Research accounting and reporting guidance including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements and implementing new accounting standards, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline. Masters Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is beneficial.
- 4 – 6 years of related experience, including at least 3 years in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, FASB codification and pronouncements, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Certification/Licensure: CPA strongly preferred