Human Resources Generalist
As part of a dynamic HR team located in Wayfair’s Erlanger, KY facility, this individual will provide HR support to both employees and leaders. This individual will perform a full-range of HR functions in an exciting, unique, fast-paced, and fun environment. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Human Resources and functions within a larger HR team headquartered in Boston.
- Participate in employee relations and employee engagement activities
- Data entry and maintenance of the employee database using ADP and various HRIS systems
- Prepare for and assist with new-hire onboarding
- Administer legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Support training and development programs
- Support performance management and compensation administration
- Analyze data and maintain HR metrics
- Assist employees by listening to issues and concerns, and making recommendations for resolutions
- Assist with employee recognition programs
- Assist with benefits programs, including annual open enrollment, and participate in benefits administration
- Assist in wellness programs
- Help to ensure Wayfair’s policy administration
- Assist in thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Manage and track FMLA, Short-term disability, ADA, and other leaves of absence
- Work closely with Workforce Management (WFM) and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
- Stay abreast of compensation and benefit trends and engage in surveys when appropriate
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- Contribute to and maintain the unique Wayfair culture
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience in a dedicated HR generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field, or equivalent experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent and proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.