Photography Project Manager
The Photography Project Manager works cross functionally and owns the full life-cycle (concepting to go-live), for the creation of photography assets through Wayfair’s internal photo studios, external vendor studios and location photography. This vital role acts as a conduit to ensure efficient and successful completion for ongoing photography projects that can span over the course of 4 months to just a few weeks. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of photography operations, to help create a best in class organization under the Imagery vertical.
- Proactive – Will come to the production team with ideas and more importantly solutions to challenges. You want to make an impact.
- Critical Thinker - Can plan two steps ahead and solve before problems arise. Can evaluate a situation quickly and make an informed, thoughtful decision.
- Perseverance – Seeks ambiguous problems, will show grit and then scope, evaluate, and work to find a solution.
- Passionate - Has enthusiasm for photography production and wants to grow within the role and keep informed of industry trends
- Organized – No detail is too small, plans down to the minute and keeps everyone informed at all times.
- Innovative – Open to new ideas, will know when to change course, and evaluate creative needs when balanced against output and cost.
- Strategic – You can quickly and easily identify long-term goals or interests and efficiently scope the means needed to achieve them
- Diplomatic – Respected by cross functional partners, relationship building is a strength of yours and you’re skilled at managing relations between teams.
- Work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and timelines, independently and with a team. Can problem solve quickly seeing the big picture while knowing the details. Able to prioritize, communicate and call to action with clarity and speed.
- Partner with stakeholders to scope and vet projects through the lens of business needs while taking account of the creative and operation considerations.
- Follow and guide the life cycle of photography production projects from kick off to image placement.
- Effectively lead a team of project coordinators; know when to delegate or get in the weeds if necessary to get projects back on track.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, development and performance management for the team.
- Have a proven track record of developing and refining processes as it relates to photography production.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Expert Excel skills – experience using a Digital Asset Management tools a plus
- 4-7 years professional experience in a high volume photo studio, creative agency or production company
- Previous experience working in creative traffic management, e-commerce photo/video shoot production is required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CUE-PS