Senior Merchandising Strategy & Operations Manager
Are you passionate about creating scalable operational processes? Are you looking to come on board and make an immediate impact? If so, the Merchandising Operations team is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process driven manager to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online furniture catalog.
This role is within our Catalog Improvement team where we are structured by product verticals: Furniture, Décor and Renovation/Appliances. You will own a specific vertical, directly managing 2-3 managers with a full team size of 10-15 employees. We are looking for a hands-on manager that is ready to hit the ground running within a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. The ideal candidate has successful project management, people management, and data analysis experience.
- Define and drive our roadmap (both process and tech) to streamline and optimize the merchandising experience as it pertains to editing product data. A key deliverable will be empowering Suppliers to take an active role in managing their product content by providing more transparency into Wayfair merchandising standards and giving them intuitive tools to update their catalogs.
- Lead a team of 10+ managers and analysts who directly support our product catalog. Examples of work done on the team are ensuring we have best in class merchandising, triaging product level errors and identifying macro trends, partnering with offshore vendors, and driving technology based process changes.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to define and refine product content standards and quality targets while bringing the supplier and customer voice to the table.
- Spearhead the project to “Shop Your Catalog” which will give Suppliers the tools and direction to actively maintain and improve their catalog. Monitor and design metrics to show the value and usage
- Partner with the Supplier Extranet team to align the UX across pages and drive forward site wide improvements around usability and training
- Partner with Site Merchandising to drive alignment on site wide projects such as wood tone identification, product pattern identification, and product style identification
- Oversee relationships with offshore vendors as it relates to your team’s specific work functions
- 7+ years management experience in ecommerce or a relevant operations field
- MBA from top tier school or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of driving innovation
- High comfort level with technology-driven environments
- Experience managing a large team in ecommerce or relevant operations field
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and how to ‘get it done’ attitude no matter what when time is tight and stakes are high
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: