Senior Manager, Carrier Finance & Optimization
The Supply Chain Analytics team is looking to add a Senior Manager to their Carrier Finance and Optimization group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer critical strategic business questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: The supply chain analytics teams are internal consulting groups that seek to improve operational efficiency by building quantitative models. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Present insights and recommendations clearly to the leadership team to drive business strategy
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL and other software applications
- Optimize intra-Canada crossdock shipments by analyzing the relative shipping costs across multiple carriers and inbound/outbound shipping lanes for a potential annual savings of $2MM CAD.
- Selection of least-cost solution for reverse logistics bound for Erlanger warehouse.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Create small parcel carrier invoice audit tools/process that has resulted in $7.5MM on cost avoidance.
- Create real-time analysis tools for use in $350MM/year carrier contract negotiations.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have at least 1 year of experience executing on projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- FP&A experience preferred
- VBA experiencce preferred
- You are exceptionally strong at using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and pivot charts
- You have a master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- You possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems
- You are positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competency