Supply Chain Specialist - Supplier Engagement (M/F)
We are a zillion things home. We are Wayfair.
Wayfair DE/UK have Europe’s largest online selection of more than 1.8 million furnishings, décor and home goods from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU (and there is much more to come!).
We are now searching for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Supply Chain Specialist to join our Operations team with a focus on Supplier Engagement.
With your unparalleled communication/negotiation skills, you will be a key member of the EU Product Performance team. You master at engaging with various suppliers (across C-levels) to develop a portal that improves the packaging and fulfillment processes. You know the tricks to minimize incidences for our Wayfair Supply Chain. Also, you are on a constant pursuit of world-class customer experience.
Key Impacts You Will Be Making:
- Manage a wide portfolio of Wayfair suppliers and internal stakeholders for the Product Performance Team
- Collaborate with multi-functions across Wayfair, including Category Management, Account Operations, Buyers and Logistics
- Lead packaging/operational improvements with our suppliers to drive profitability and customer satisfaction
- Direct and support suppliers through packaging redesign/improvement process using remote advice
- Develop tools and processes to facilitate the internal/external operations
Expertise and Growth Build-up
- Analyze data to identify trends and root causes of problems at supplier, class and country level
- Build and maintain industry expertise in the areas of logistics, packaging, supply chain efficiency/quality – particularly as it pertains to home retail
- Establish a sustainable growth platform for the Wayfair business
Let’s Talk About You:
- Bachelor degree with operational experience
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and coordination a multitude of important tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Advanced German Language skills also strongly preferred
- Experience in supplier or account management
- Experience in business negotiation
- Understanding the complexity of online order fulfillment.
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of packaging and quality control standards/solutions advantageous
- Knowledge of direct dispatch / drop ship and transshipment preferred
- Knowledge of SQL desirable
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
- Willing to travel up to other EU locations (supplier and Wayfair)
Be Ready For The Perks:
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
More About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 peopleTag: SCL-SO