Senior Manager, Financial Business Intelligence
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to accelerate unlocking insights and providing outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. We treat data as a resource; making information globally accessible and eliminating silos. If you want to join a team with these traits in their DNA, read on.
With a specific focus on payables, the Sr. Manager of Financial Business Intelligence will directly lead a team of multiple analysts and have dotted line resources in Finance, Engineering and Financial Products. The team will provide critical data (via visualization, analysis, reporting and optimization) to their internal business partners to drive strategic and tactical process improvement and decisions in the finance area.
A successful candidate will have great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills, as well as strong business and technical acumen.
- Consult and build strong relationships and lines of communication with business stakeholders to help craft an analytics roadmap for finance initiatives
- Prioritize team workflow based on value, deadlines, and effort levels
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports
- Have a deep understanding of our system; be able to leverage this knowledge to form cohesive solutions to unique problems, new initiative integrations, and the weight of large data sets
- Navigate various technologies such as Microsoft T-SQL, Vertica, and PowerShell to provide dynamic solutions
- Traverse terabytes of data to problem solve and produce higher-level insightsQualifications:
- 3-7 years of total experience in a business intelligence, data science or engineering role
- Experience with OLAP technologies, SQL, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos, SSRS)
- Experience with Python, Java, Tableau, C++ a plus
- Senior Analysts with a desire to manage and grow strongly encouraged to apply
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- BA in computer science, economics, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record