Associate Director, Final Mile Performance
Wayfair is embarking on a series of strategic supply chain initiatives that we believe will create unique competitive advantage for our business. This role will play a central Leadership role in these strategic transportation initiatives, which includes improving the performance of our final mile logistics network. This person will be responsible for the development, performance, and P&L of a proprietary final mile delivery network.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep passion for transportation and supply chain to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Build and manage the non-asset based Home Delivery network spanning 120 delivery markets
- Source and negotiate 150+ Last Mile Partner contracts to secure last mile delivery capacity
- Build and manage team (central & field managers) to manage all carrier relations activities
- Develop performance scorecards/SLAs & drive the performance management process
- Formalize and manage onboarding and training processes
- Be a thought leader around operational improvement opportunities
- Act as business owner for technology strategy to streamline Last Mile operations & visibility
- Develop innovative reward program across non asset channel to maximize performance
- Drive all Last Mile customer experience improvement initiatives
• BA/BS, with strong academic record.
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• 4-10 years logistics and supply chain experience, specifically in the movement of hard goods.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong negotiation skills
• Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
• Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
• Entrepreneurial spirit
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-L