DevOps Engineer - 2nd Shift
Wayfair operates a growing 24/7/365 Production Operations Center, and we are looking for talented DevOps Engineers with great communication skills to join our team. We are a proactive group of engineers looking for candidates who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart not hard, and always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, find anomalies, fix issues and ask why things happen.
- Experience in DevOps or a responsive engineering role.
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows administration (you know the drill)
- Knowledge of version control software and concepts (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Excellent communication skills including ability to translate between “Engineering” and “Business”
- You do your best even if no one is watching.
- A sense of humor and a good eye with Nerf Guns
Would be awesome if you had knowledge of:
- Monitoring platforms: DataDog, Zabbix, or similar
- Logging platforms: ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack).
- Time series data platforms: Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Caching technology: Redis, Memcached
- Configuration management tools: Puppet, Consul, SaltStack
- Ticketing systems: ServiceNow, Jira, or similar.
The primary Responsibilities are:
- Respond to issues of all sizes, from major outages to minor alerts, and fix or escalate as needed.
- Work with subject matter experts to learn new skills and bring them “home” to the team.
- Create and tweak alerts to improve our monitoring.
- Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents.
- Solve problems and prevent them from happening again
- Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation.
We also have regular team outings, free beer and snacks, and the large Learn@Work program all Wayfairians have access to.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. Wayfair was recently named “Mass TLC’s Company of the Year” and “Internet retailer of the year”. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: ENGR-INFR