Associate Director, Corporate Development
Wayfair is seeking a new Associate Director, Corporate Development to join our Corporate Finance team here at our Boston, MA Headquarters! It’s an incredibly exciting time for our company as we continue to experience significant growth, and this new leader will help us partner with our executive team to execute on new strategies and help continue to propel our business forward. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a highly analytical background who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment. This is an exciting new role in which you’ll help to define the scope of this function as well as drive forward new strategic initiatives in our ever-changing company.
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
- 7+ years working in corporate development, private equity, or investment banking (experience in e-commerce or technology is strongly preferred but not required)
- Proven experience in identifying, scoping and executing on M&A transactions
- Extremely strong written and oral skills and ability to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders
- Strong quantitative ability with experience in financial modeling and strategic analysis required
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively through end-to-end transactions
- Partner across various Wayfair business units to identify and evaluate potential opportunities for growth and development
- Perform business analyses and build cases around potential investment opportunities and act as the quarterback of Wayfair’s strategic growth initiatives
- Perform research and due diligence on potential investments
- Act as the point person to Wayfair senior leadership in presenting and validating potential opportunities
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.