Senior Software Engineer - Product Catalog
When was the last time you bought something online that shipped in more than one box?
Wayfair sells everything home, from clocks that come in one box to sofa sectionals that come in five. The Product Catalog team writes the software that powers that wide range of products, and we’re looking for engineers to build a simple user experience on top of complex product data. Help our partners add their wares to our catalog by working on our intuitive, web-based Product Addition system. Explore internationalization by working on the Globalization platform that has brought our selection to locales all over the world. And by the way, we're also re-building the way products are stored at Wayfair, laying the groundwork for the architecture of products for years to come.
If you’re interested in helping our customers find just the right product for their home, we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for smart, self-driven, outgoing engineers to join our growing team to help us manage our catalog of millions of products across thousands of categories. We work at scale and think about our customers first. We love to move fast and deliver high quality solutions to challenging business problems.
- Learn and teach alongside us as we write the code that drives Wayfair's product catalog
- Contribute to our coding and quality standards. Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet our growing business’ needs
- Build responsive, intuitive web tools in PHP and React.js
- Write robust, well-tested PHP backend code
- Work with product and business to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
- Move fast, make things
- At least 3 years of relevant web programming experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence in interfacing with stakeholders to gather requirements, and translating requirements into software architecture
- A collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read our Engineering Blog
Find us on Facebook and Twitter
Check out our YouTube Channel
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions. LI-SS1