Executive Assistant, Merchandising
Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States, has an immediate need for an Executive Assistant.
This person will be responsible for supporting our Global Head of Merchandising. The ideal candidate will bring strong organizational and planning skills, detail orientation, high sense of urgency, a sense of humor, and problem solving abilities to the role. This person should be smart, engaging, fun, curious, and unflappable. This is a unique opportunity for someone with Administrative experience to take their career to the next level.
- Day-to-day administration and coordination of all areas of executive support
- Proactively manage calendars with the ability to schedule and prioritize meetings, resolve schedule conflicts, and stay several steps ahead to maintain efficiency
- Handle travel arrangements (int’l and domestic) and make frequent revisions as needed
- Schedule and coordinate numerous weekly and ad hoc meetings
- Interact with key contacts, investors and other C-level individuals
- Must be able to represent the team in a positive way to people outside the company
- Act as point person for visiting executives and large corporate investors
- Personal tasks such as errands, setting up appointments, etc.
- Various other ad hoc requests
- Act as back-up for Receptionist and other Admins
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience as AA/EA for senior-level executives
- Ability to be assertive and give push-back as needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong planning and forward thinking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and situations before they are fully developed
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Extremely high level of discretion pertaining to confidential information
- Flexible and able to handle ad-hoc issues that may arise outside of core business hours