Senior Windows Site Reliability Engineer
Windows Site Reliability Engineer
Wayfair is a leader in the ecommerce space for all things home. We live and breathe modern technologies. We are a “move fast break things, rethink old standards” team with a startup feel and continuous deployment.
We’re looking for smart, logical thinkers who produce and advocate for performant, scalable designs. We are as much concerned about thought leadership, community involvement, and the ever-changing SRE landscape as we are with technical expertise.
On the Site Reliability Engineering team, you’ll have a multitude of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things while directly assisting our internal and external customers. We contribute to (and create) bleeding edge open source projects and continuously push the envelope to explore the future of ecommerce and distributed infrastructure systems.
What the Wayfair Site Reliability Engineering team does:
- Writes clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability. (Python, GoLang, Powershell, Puppet, Salt)
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to Wayfair technical standards, policies, and procedures
- Automate, Automate, Automate!
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot daily processes and make improvements to current processes
- Recommend and implement infrastructure best practices in alignment with standard SRE principles and provide guidance on system performance and throughput expectations.
You ideally have:
- Proficiency (3+ years) in Windows systems and/or software engineering
- Proficiency in writing advanced level Powershell functions.
- Proficiency authoring Puppet and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Proficiency (5+ years) of Devops/SRE engineer experience with CI/CD (Jenkins / Gitlab), Microservices and Containers.
- Experience (3+ years) with IaaS and PaaS architecture and rollout
- Experience with one or more Public Cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, AZURE) and migrating from on-prem to cloud.
- Experience managing full application stack with high availability requirements
- Engage in high-level architecture and design discussions with cross-functional technology and business teams.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (such as Pester) and performance tuning.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Proven ability to lead a sprint team, as well as define and deliver milestones.
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent
- An active GitHub account
- Attend Devops/SRE meetups and be a strong contributor to the open source community.
- 5+ years Experience in one or more programing languages used in infrastructure - PHP, Microsoft .Net, Python, GO, Ruby, etc as well as familiarity with version control such as Git/SVN)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Tag: ENGR-INFR