Associate, Wayfair Basics
We are seeking a passionate, hyper-analytic and results-driven individual to join our Wayfair Basics team. Wayfair Basics is Wayfair’s fastest-growing brand focused on everyday household essentials.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with external supplier partners and internal cross-functional teams (including category management, brand/creative, marketing, pricing and inventory planning) to execute your strategy and build your business.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter with an analytical mind and a passion for product. You will work on a fast-paced team and see real-time, material impact on the business. You must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will have the opportunity to travel to industry trade shows in hot spots like Las Vegas and Chicago where you will strengthen relationships with your core suppliers and negotiate new partnerships.
This is a perfect role for someone who is looking to dive into e-commerce with a creative angle; you’ll also gain experience in negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain planning and beyond.
- Develop & drive a business strategy that has material impact on growth of the brand
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers – partner and negotiate with them to develop a strategy that creates lift across their business and ours
- Collaborate productively with cross functional partners (Category Management, Creative Marketing, Operations, and Pricing) to drive action and realize goals
- Build & maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Analyze competitor performance, marketing, and pricing
- 0-3 years in e-commerce, retail merchandising or business setting with related experience
- A strong desire to win and drive independent collaboration with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Interest in developing negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- True team player - positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic attitude.
- Interest in home décor, home furnishings, or design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CMGMT