Head of B2B New Services Commercialization
Wayfair is looking for a senior professional to drive the commercialization of new services within our B2B division. Wayfair B2B helps hundreds of thousands of businesses to create the perfect space for their clients, guests and employees. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor, Property Management and other sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor. Wayfair B2B is growing very rapidly (even faster than Wayfair overall) and is seeking to expand its services to meet the unique needs of large and innovative business customers in North America.
As the Associate Director of B2B New Service Commercialization, you will discover and translate those customer needs into new services across storefront (microsites, portals, online catalogs); logistics (warehousing & fulfillment); financing/payment; and other aspects of the customer experience. You also will lead/orchestrate efforts to bring those services to market, coordinating across all relevant functional areas within Wayfair.
You will report to the COO of the B2B Division and will be a core member of B2B’s Central Strategy & Operations team. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in the e-commerce space.
- Own, communicate and drive the overall B2B new service agenda and priorities
- Grounded in deep customer experience insights/understanding
- Reflecting competitive intelligence within and outside of the industry
- Crafted based on clear business cases (business upside vs. effort)
- In collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Storefront, Category, Logistics, Finance, and Engineering
- Translate B2B customer/prospect needs into specific service, logistical and technical requirements
- Communicate those requirements to relevant Wayfair stakeholders to catalyze development of new services (or marketable packages of existing services)
- Manage cross-functional projects to develop and commercialize new services: create project charters; assemble teams; establish KPIs and timelines; orchestrate collaboration and communication across the teams; ensure delivery vs. commitments
- Play explicit project leader role in some cases
- Serve as “voice of the B2B customer” / B2B advocate within larger projects managed by other functions
- Support B2B sales team in customer interactions related to new services at all stages of development: incubate new ideas, enroll customers in pilot services, sell-in more established services to additional B2B customers
- Create necessary process/technical documentation and lead the development of related marketing collateral
- Lead conversations at relevant levels within the customer organization
Desired skills and experience
- 8-10 years of experience in new service/product development & commercialization -- or similar cross-functional project management role(s)
- Able to lead/manage through influence vs. direct control
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners and to customers; can simplify complex processes/concepts to drive understanding and alignment
- Highly analytical -- including experience with pulling, analyzing and interpreting large data sets directly
- Hungry in the marketplace -- takes great satisfaction from closing a sale
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high-growth/startup environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SLS-B2B