Category Manager with fluent Polish (m/f)
Wayfair, the US leading online retailer for all things home, is seeking a bright, driven, analytical and entrepreneurial manager to join our team in Berlin!
As a Category Manager you will be responsible for growing multiple categories of products and establishing relationships with suppliers from Poland. You will be working cross-functionally with internal departments and external partners, develop business strategy and drive sales. This role will give you full ownership of your projects, there are virtually no limits to how you implement your new growth ideas!
- You decide which strategies to pursue in order to implement our growth goals in Europe (Wayfair.de and Wayfair.co.uk)
- You will lead our categories to profitable growth and use any available options you and your team can come up with in the process
- You will conduct price negotiations, develop new assortment ideas and build intensive partnerships with our most important suppliers
- You will recruit and develop your team to have your staff grow along with the categories and prepare them to take responsibility themselves
- You will closely work with our other teams i.e. pricing, marketing, promotions, logistics in order to ensure that our clients experience a truly unique purchasing experience
- You possess outstanding analytical capabilities that allow you to analyse any problems in a structured manner in order to reach the appropriate business decisions
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree
- You have experience leading and developing teams
- You enjoy working in a highly motivated team in which all team members help each other with any issue
- You are highly prepared to distance yourself from existing standards and break new ground in an extremely dynamic environment
- Your communication abilities are superior, you possess great self-confidence, excellent negotiation skills and empathy
- Excellent Polish and English are essential. We are an international team and English is the main working language
- Consulting or E-commerce background is a plus
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.