Logistics Assistant Manager - Logistics (m/f)
Wayfair.de has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
We are revolutionizing the drop-ship model to deliver these products to consumers in Germany and the UK. The freight network allows us to move European-wide cross-border shipments in collaboration with our logistics and supplier’s partners. The network in Europe is increasing in sourcing markets and volume traded and operation is now becoming more challenging from the strategic point of view.
We are looking for a Logistics Assistant Manager to join our team in Berlin to support the operational development of the International Freight Network. At Wayfair, we encourage people to bring new ideas on the table and combined with our European Operations is definitely a place a candidate will find constant challenge!
As a Logistics Assistant Manager, you will…
- Lead a team in charge of daily operations activities with our partners
- Support with tracking and improvement of partner’s performance in the Network
- Evaluate costs, optimize processes and improve the current operations in existing countries of the network
- Participate and contribute to the development of SOPs for future and current operations
- Develop and strengthen partnership with our logistics providers
- Increase the freight forwarder portfolio.
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Significant ecommerce experience in Freight, Logistics, Transportation etc.
- Proven leadership of small teams (3-5px)
- Analytical mindset – Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- You have a “hands-on” mindset and you don’t have a problem to get to the minimum details in a process and be an active part on the “ground” operation
- You have excellent skills in English, any other European language (German, Spanish, Italian, French) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree preferable in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business management.
- You make things move, you are pro-active and constantly push for results
- You like changes and constantly challenging new process alternatives
- You are willing to travel across Europe for carrier site visits
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.