Senior Manager - Workplace Services (Boston & North America)
Wayfair is growing rapidly! With over 4200 employees in our Boston Headquarters and ~9000 employees worldwide, Wayfair is looking for a highly engaged, dynamic leader to help us rethink office operations and staffing strategy across our North American field offices and in our Boston headquarters.
The scope of the opportunity is remarkable: we have hundreds of people joining the Wayfair team every month in dozens of offices across the US and Europe; we are adding new buildings at an astonishing rate; we are re-arranging teams and shuffling desks every day. Our Workplace Services team is evolving our processes and scaling our teams on site quickly to keep up with the explosive demand and headcount growth.
This role is responsible for overseeing regional and local site managers across North America. Based in Boston, the Workplace Services Senior Manager will support and develop local facilities managers and oversee efforts to drive consistency and standardization of service offerings, vendors and processes, with an emphasis on office operations. This leader will create and maintain a vision for Wayfair’s office environment across multiple locations and be accountable for significant office moves, team development and day-to-day operations, including budgeting and cost management. A successful candidate is highly efficient, solution-oriented, data-savvy and loves solving puzzles.
- Bring a customer-centric mindset to oversee the operation of Wayfair’s North American site providing essential services and many perks to more than 4,200 employees
- Lead a group comprised of 30-40 team members across multiple sites and create a culture of ownership over the office environment
- Invigorate the employee office experience through smart design, assistance with programming events and periodic furnishing refreshes
- Project the vision and voice of facilities to all North American employees, helping shape the office experience through communication
- Lead key vendor negotiations and relationships and contracts for value and service level
- Direct all North American office-related expenditures, forecasting capital and operating expenditures and tracking related service level achievements
- Design and implement emergency and safety planning and training planning and risk management
- Develop and implement a technology road map for office management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Over 5 years of general management experience
- Proven leader of teams
- Fast learner
- Senior presence and presentation skills
- Willing to travel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: FINS