Category Manager - Indirect Procurement
Wayfair is looking for unique procurement experts to join a newly formed Global Strategic Procurement Team. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who focus on more than just cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, super spend data gurus, flexible and fast multi-taskers, and who possess a true total cost of ownership philosophy. We need the next generation of procurement talent!
The Category Manager(s) will lead the strategic sourcing activities for a wide variety of spend areas including Information Technology, Professional Services, Operations (including packaging and capital equipment), and Facility Services — an addressable spend in each area of over $100m. There are multiple openings for both individual contributor and leadership roles within this newly formed Global Strategic Procurement Team.
This role will be instrumental for driving procurement excellence across these categories. This role is responsible for the development of category sourcing strategies across all regions, as well as being directly responsible for the execution of these strategies, including day-to-day interaction with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of quality goods and services at optimum cost.
Additional aspects of the job include:
- Collaborating and working closely with other parts of the organization to implement Total Cost of Ownership improvement opportunities within the specific categories
- Building relationships with suppliers to position Wayfair as a preferred customer, and working with site teams to ensure an uninterrupted supply of quality goods at optimum cost
- Collaborating with peers in other Wayfair businesses to secure benefits from Wayfair’s global scale
- Conduct detailed spend analysis and bench-marking, evaluate market and competitive conditions and use as a basis to create data based Category strategies and sourcing activities
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective sourcing strategies for the relevant category in order to ensure quality of services and improve value to Wayfair
- Contract negotiations, market analysis, project management & implementation, subject matter expertise in value creation for assigned commodities, cost savings documentation and tracking
- Manage negotiation process, content and results. Build and lead the negotiation team to deliver the desired outcomes
- Build strong rapport with suppliers and obtain access to supplier senior management
- Establish cross-functional teams to negotiate and implement improved operational and commercial supply outcomes for the business and customers
- Build an accurate spend analysis and benchmarking for Category price movements
- Develop cost savings targets based on aggressive, data backed, realistic and forward oriented goals that align closely with the goals of your business partners, stakeholders and those of Wayfair
- Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement within the Category area, monitor TCO improvement as well as working capital improvement using the tracking tools in place
- Develop trust within the businesses so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues so you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and agree with the solutions put forward
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement / strategic sourcing of similar categories
- Procurement, supply chain or other related business degree
- Relevant procurement experience
- Experience in spend analysis, market and benchmark analysis at a broad level
- Innovation in procurement process experience considered advantageous
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: FINS