Director of Business Intelligence Infrastructure
The Business Intelligence team at Wayfair is a critical component in the Wayfair e-commerce engine. Every department within Wayfair relies on our BI systems to provide fast access to accurate and actionable data and analytics. Our platforms support every user in the enterprise, currently powering over 60,000 queries per day. The mission of the Director of BI Infrastructure is to lead a team architecting the current and next generations of Wayfair’s self-service BI platform.
The Director of BI Infrastructure will oversee a team of platform developers and engineers building out our business intelligence tools and technologies. Partnering with Analytics Product Management, the BI Infrastructure team helps craft the long-term vision for our self-service platform and rolls up their sleeves to engineer that vision into reality. In addition, this group partners with the rest of the business intelligence organization to streamline workflows and drive efficiency, speed, and scalability throughout the 100+ person BI org.
This is an ideal opportunity for a technical leader seeking to lead and develop a growing team while at the same time getting deep into the technical workings of our BI platform. The Director would join Wayfair’s leadership team, leading a group of top notch BI professionals and working cross-functionally with key stakeholders within the BI and technology organizations.
- Build and scale the data warehouse and self-service BI platforms
- Communicate key developments and innovations to senior leaders across the organization
- Prioritization and project management of a 15+ person team’s activities
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and durability improvement in the BI analyst workflow
- Mentoring and development of a team of managers and developers
- BA in computer science, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline.
- 8+ years Analytics experience
- Track record of success leading and growing technical teams
- Experience working with big data systems (Hive, Vertica, Redshift, etc.)
- Excellent SQL skills; Experience with Python, Tableau a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ANLT-BIDS