Business Manager – Logistics/Transportation (m/f)
The Freight Network allows us to move European-wide cross-border shipments in collaboration with our logistics and supplier’s partners. The European network is increasing complexity through network re-design and continuous increase of the sourcing business.
We are looking for a Business Manager with an innovation-led/entrepreneurial mindset to join our Strategic team in Berlin to support the different initiatives to increase the competitiveness of our network.
At Wayfair, we encourage people to bring new ideas to the table and combined with our European Operations this is a place where you will find a constant challenge! We are revolutionizing the home delivery of furniture to customers in Europe and you have the chance to be a part of this journey.
As a Business Manager, you will…
- Actively participate in business development strategy of the network
- Drive and manage different initiatives to increase competitiveness of the network
- Lead automation projects with our external logistics partners
- Lead project implementation across multiple teams and manage different business stakeholders
- Identify business needs and conceptualize solutions
- Become an expert in internal network subject matters
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Sufficient experience driving project initiatives and you have a knowledge base in logistics/transportation
- An analytical person - must have Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Innovation-led/entrepreneurial mindset – examples to be provided
- Have excellent project management skills
- Fluent in English both verbal and written (any other European languages are highly desirable)
- Have a “hands-on” mindset and you don’t have a problem to get to the minimum details in a process and be an active part on the “ground” operation
- Proactive and constantly push for results
- Change agent and constantly challenging new process alternatives
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-L