Head of North American Customer Service
Title: Head of North American Service
Reporting: VP of Global Sales & Service
Wayfair is seeking a Head of North American Service to lead, inspire, motivate and align a team that is rapidly scaling to 5,000+ employees. This executive will be a seasoned general manager with a track record of operating in a highly complex environment at global scale. He or she will have a strong strategic orientation with the intellectual acuity to expand our market-leading position in reinventing the way people shop for their homes while delivering best-in-class service to customers.
- Provide industry-leading thinking and define a progressive and technology-driven approach to improve the customer experience and drive both customer and employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that delivers excellent customer experiences while focusing the organization on transforming processes to serve better, reduce resolution time and improve scalability.
- Use data analytics to surface opportunities in the quality and effectiveness of customer interactions, including areas for automation and self-service.
- Enable higher performance by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Reinforce a customer-centric culture with accountability and ownership at all levels in the company; evangelize customer experience across the organization to drive end-to-end best practices.
- Attract talent to the organization and reinforce a culture of highly-engaged employees.
We are seeking a leader with the professional capabilities, acumen and track record to help build and run an operation of significant size. The ideal candidate will come have a top academic record, top-tier MBA, experience leading comparable scale operations initiatives and/or equivalent top-tier management consulting experience.
With a workforce spread across the US and Canada, this leader will need to have a track-record of leading remote teams – both that directly report to him/her as well as within a functional matrix. Wayfair executives are also able to think and act strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization. The right leader is comfortable checking ego at the door and operating with a clear comfort doing whatever tasks are needed to get the job done.
- Top-tier university qualifications, including MBA
- 10+ years of consulting experience or multi-national leadership responsibility in excess of 2500, with Fortune 100 scale preferred
- Operating experience in environments with a global scale and complexity
- Process-oriented, deeply quantitative, analytical with a passion for technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Deep understanding of ecommerce, online retail and/or complex supply chain flows is a plus
Other Skills & Competencies:
- Evidence of “startup execution” skills and ability to rapidly build and scale high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment (think environment with 10X growth in 2-3 years).
- Knowledge of how to ‘get it done’ no matter what when time is tight and stakes are high.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and rapid change to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CSVC