- Analyze revenue data for U.S. sales and use tax returns, Canadian GST/HST, and provincial sales tax returns.
- File timely returns and make timely payments in all jurisdictions and obtain all available vendor discounts.
- Complete registrations in new states when applicable.
- Communicate with both suppliers and customers regarding transaction tax questions/issues.
- Respond to notices when necessary.
- Work with IT team to improve tax data maintenance.
- Assist with transaction tax audits.
- Respond to tax related tickets on internal system.
- Assist in compliance with other tax-related filings, e.g., recycling fees, annual reporting, etc.
- Manage tax calendar, including sales tax holidays, filing deadlines, etc.
- Develop as an internal resource on tax matters, including research, making taxability decisions, communicating issues and resolutions, and providing supporting documentation.
- Stay current on sales, use, and excise tax statutory, administrative compliance.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or Business from an accredited institution
- 1+ year of experience in the field
- Previous experience at a multi-state retail company preferred but not required
- Experience in sales and use tax preferred but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with financial systems, and other software including, Word, PowerPoint, and other applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Staff accountant with an interest in taxes
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: FINS