Senior Manager, B2B Insights
B2B is one of the largest and fastest growing businesses within Wayfair, and this role represents a unique opportunity to shape the strategic vision of and create meaningful impact at the company.
Our B2B business serves two primary customer types:
(1) Trade: Interior Designers, Architects, and Contractors with whom we partner to help delight their clients, and grow their businesses
(2) Business: Office, Real Estate Management, Contractors, Hospitality, Education, Government for whom we provide turnkey solutions to create spaces their employees, customers, guests & residents love
The B2B Insights & Analytics team is responsible for identifying the most effective means of accelerating revenue growth. With a focus on understanding and improving the impact of proactive sales engagement, we are constantly on the hunt for insights of how our team can unlock growth among new and existing accounts.
In this role, you will take ownership of a significant portion of our roadmap. You will expand our understanding of our customers and the highest value touchpoints along their journeys. You will own data-driven customer development, generate & operationalize ideas that drive revenue growth, while maintaining a high bar for thoughtful, impactful analysis. You will work collaboratively to apply your findings to develop and prioritize hypotheses we can test to measure the impact of changes in the experience that drive revenue. You’ll be responsible for analyzing data in a meaningful way, synthesizing insights to key stakeholders, working cross-functionally to implement your findings, and for building & mentoring a team to do the same.
If you are someone who enjoys distilling complex data into insights to inform hypotheses that we can test and learn from, and you want to be able to have a broad impact and grow alongside a highly-collaborative team a rapidly-growing business, look no further! Wayfair is a fun, fast-paced environment, and the B2B division is a growing team of 400+ hardworking people passionate about building the next $1+ billion business line within Wayfair.
- Build and manage a team of data analytics stars who are as comfortable in analytics tools as they are at the whiteboard explaining their findings and engaging with others
- Use SQL, Excel, Tableau & Salesforce.com to wrangle Wayfair’s unique data to create analyses and tools that point to the most significant business growth opportunities
- Break down complex problems into requisite components and iteratively test to improve key metrics
- Work closely with Sales Operations, Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Category Management, Pricing and other teams to develop and execute analyses and tests that lead to accelerating growth
- Become the subject matter expert on multiple Wayfair data sets and experimentation design
- Communicate findings and recommendations with relevant teams to drive measurable improvements in sales impact
- Experience hiring and developing talent focused on data analysis
- Experience with driving high impact quantitative analysis leveraging SQL, Access, Excel, Tableau, and/or other tools
- Experience with data analysis in R or Python
- Experience with experiment design, implementation, and analysis (split tests, A/B tests, holdout tests, etc…)
- Experience with methods & techniques of drawing meaning from data sets and statistical hypothesis tests
- Experience working with incomplete and dirty datasets and being involved with improving them in a meaningful way
- High level of curiosity and a propensity for asking (and answering!) questions that begin with “Why”
- A passion for analytical work with high bar for zero defect analysis
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize projects with a focus on impact
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic attitude
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SLS-B2B