Product Associate Director - Competitive Intelligence
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to drive the development of our new, in-house Competitive Intelligence System that will guide mission critical decisions across all major business functions. The mission of our Competitive Intelligence team is to define, gather, analyze and distribute intelligence about products and competitors to: 1) enable market-based assessments of Wayfair’s performance, 2) guide targeted, data-driven interventions, and 3) track progress filling competitive gaps. This is a unique time and opportunity to build a completely new system from the ground-up, unhampered by legacy technology, with the resourcing and executive support to establish truly cutting edge, big data capabilities.
We are looking for a leader with a passion for driving change in complex organizations, who deploys a pragmatic, quantitative, analytical approach, is highly attuned to technology-driven solutions and process management, is unafraid of ambiguity, and is used to working on complex problems alongside very high caliber peers in a roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
Leading a team of high performing product managers, you will drive the development of an internal system that acquires massive competitive data at scale, enables a large range of comparative analytics, and identifies the highest impact areas for improvement. You will work with teams across the company, including leaders from Category Management, Pricing and Profitability, Operations, Merchandising, Marketing, Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence. The scope of impact is broad and ambitious; we want you to take pride and ownership in what you’re building - a truly cutting edge Competitive Intelligence System unmatched in the industry.
- Develop and align the organization around an integrated and continually updated vision for Wayfair's Competitive Intelligence System
- Drive the development of the technology platform roadmap to balance and meet the needs of a very broad range of internal stakeholders, and disseminate regular updates
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of the Competitive Intelligence technology platform
- Work with a dedicated team of Competitive Intelligence Engineers to develop Competitive Intelligence data assets – comprised of billions of records and rapidly scaling – by driving continual improvement on completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and reliability
- Translate high-level business projects into detailed technical deliverables, and project manage to completion
- Deliver an ongoing stream of product innovations that improve KPIs related to the scale, scope, frequency, and reliability of competitive information to drive major business decisions
- Ensure deadlines are met that unlock valuable new initiatives for the company
- Work with Data Science and Business Intelligence to align on downstream data flows to ensure competitive data is processed and utilized efficiently and effectively
- Communicate performance metrics to key executive stakeholders throughout the organization
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of high-performing product managers
- 7-10+ years' experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation, ideally in a consulting, retail / B2C, or high complexity B2B market
- Passionate about the role of big data in driving real change and transforming organizations
- Development and delivery of solutions in highly technical and quantitative domains
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience managing very large datasets and leveraging data to drive actionable insights
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Proven ability to develop operational KPIs, utilize data to prioritize opportunities for improvement, and deliver real results
- Application of product design mechanics in multi-user applications (ex. operational, executive, internal users)
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Effective results in building and transforming product management teams
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, with strong senior executive sponsorship
- Become a key leader at a unique time, developing Wayfair’s Competitive Intelligence System from the ground up
- The ability to gain a detailed understanding across many areas of the business, and drive impact across every key strategic lever at Wayfair
- An environment where not only is your voice heard, but your opinion and leadership is critical in shaping our strategic direction
- A collaborative, forward-thinking, and entrepreneurial team that continuously pushes the envelope
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.