Enterprise Content Marketing Manager
Please attach or provide a link to a portfolio/work samples.
Wayfair Professional – Wayfair’s B2B line of business – is looking for a manager to take the Enterprise Content strategy to the next level. That means positioning Wayfair Professional as a trusted partner to our clients. Enterprise is one of Wayfair’s fastest growing segments, with an aim to be a 9 figure business within 12 months. Impactful, unique content is essential to position Wayfair Professional as that partner to key accounts, and to the success of Enterprise as we target the Hospitality, Office, and Property Management verticals.
You will manage all the written content and imagery associated with the Wayfair Professional brand, working closely with the Wayfair Professional creative team (who “manufacture” the final product). This is a highly cross-functional role that requires a strong voice to advocate for the value content brings to all channels. You will work fast and efficiently, and gain leverage from your direct report, to create a plethora of relevant and impactful content for the whole of Wayfair Professional. You will need an intimate understanding of how each vertical works.
You are comfortable building, executing, measuring, and reporting on content/editorial strategies. With a deep understanding of how to meet the needs of diverse audiences through concise, strategic content, you are an agile worker able to focus on multiple projects at once and change course as the business landscape shifts. You thrive when working in a fast paced, data driven environment, while finding innovative solutions to business problems and stakeholder needs.
- Create and own the content strategy – from the channel roadmap to developing the content across multiple media
- Actively manage an aggressive content calendar for a rolling 6-12 months
- Write polished “publisher ready” white papers, articles, infographics and other thought-leadership pieces specific to Wayfair Professional’s target verticals (using primary research, interviews etc.)
- Own the Wayfair Professional organic social strategy on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and more
- Champion and act as the “point person” on the content hub, including the scope, design etc. working with internal teams from search to web design etc.
- Develop innovative, analytically driven content products such as tracking studies, indexes etc. which differentiate Wayfair Professional from the pack
- Create sales assets and one pagers working in conjunction with the Enterprise and other sales teams
- Liaise with multiple internal stakeholders, including category management, operations, B2C marketing, sales training, sales, consumer insights etc., to ensure Wayfair Professional stays cutting edge and relevant
- Drive the Wayfair Professional PR agenda in conjunction with the PR team
- Use a “test-and-learn” methodology to continually refine the content approach
- Use database queries and analytics to measure and publish error-free monthly reporting metrics to internal stakeholders
- Manage one direct report who owns the imagery bank
- 4-6 years writing and creating unique content (videos, infographics) for B2B and Enterprise audiences
- Proven ability to write and edit clean and concise copy; strong understanding of AP Style
- First-line management experience
- SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement
- Credible cross-functional stakeholder management
- Flair for user design and visual impact
- Experience with managing online content hubs
- Outstanding prioritization and time-management skills
- Degree in business, communications, journalism, English, or marketing is a plus
- E-commerce experience, or experience in the relevant verticals, is a plus
- Comfort with Excel to measure and analyze content performance
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: MKTG