Senior Manager, Billing & Reconciliation
The International Supply Chain team is looking for a proven leader to drive a transformative redesign of our CastleGate Logistics network support services. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative minded leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a background in process improvement/implementation and financial acumen. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead one of our new operational functions.
Who we are: The International Supply Chain team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective supply chain. We will design, optimize, operationalize and roll out transportation programs for our CastleGate supplier partners in the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Asia.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newest business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business – which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What you will do:
- You will take the lead on hiring, building process and scaling a team of ~20 talented associates tasked with ensuring the financial process stability/launch of our International Supply Chain Shared Service Center.
- Design & build an integrated process for carrier invoice reconciliation, supplier (customer) invoicing for our CastleGate business and identify areas for cost reduction via audit.
- Lead the team that acts as a ‘gate keeper’ for approval/denial and entry of supplier debits/credits.
- Stabilize & optimize existing process, with an eye focused on long term automation.
- Manage a team of entry to mid-level associates responsible for the timely reconciliation of Ocean, Drayage and Domestic transportation carrier invoices. Reconciliation includes (but not limited to) auditing for accuracy, partnering externally to ensure timely receipt, identifying root causes for discrepancies and more.
- Act as point of escalation for business owners and frontline associates
- Lead the administration of supplier credit requests/disputes team who is responsible for driving investigations and follow up with suppliers (i.e. suppliers claiming we’re responsible for when they incur excess transportation expenses, but in reality they didn’t follow established standard operating procedures…).
- Act as primary business owner for partnership with internal technology teams as it relates to implementation of partial or fully automated process.
- Procure, partner with & manage offshore resources who will ultimately be responsible for partial process execution (manual tasks like entering supplier bills into online tool, etc).
- Dotted line supervisory responsibilities for other functions within the SSC (i.e. Track & Trace team, Booking Team, and more).
- Lead weekly/monthly business reviews with an audience of other Senior Managers & Directors to review progress, gain buy in for path-forward strategy and collaborate on solving high value business challenges.
- Ensure key SLAs as it relates to carrier invoice collection, payment processing and supplier invoicing are met.
Who are we looking for? Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This person would be a self-starter and an excellent communicator and negotiator, with an ownership, results oriented mindset. A successful Senior Manager candidate would be adaptable, thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity. Deep financial experience is not required, but would be helpful.
- BA required (MBA preferred) and experience in one of the following fields: consulting, operations management, business transformation. Experience with retail, supply chain, logistics is a plus.
- A successful entrepreneur who has built similar or related operations, especially in the logistics and/or shared services space.
- An Innovative leader who is looking for an opportunity to lead operations and execution.
- Strong analytical experience and comfortable operating with data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Excel.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL