Supplier Onboarding Specialist, Supply Chain & Logistics (m/f)
We are looking for a smart and ambitious Supplier Onboarding Specialist based in London to support new partnerships with suppliers aimed at integrating their product portfolio into Wayfair. As a Supplier Onboarding Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting and implementing the next evolution of our onboarding process to ensure that products added to the website meet the packaging and quality requirements to deliver a best in class customer experience.
This role is a uniquely exciting challenge and opportunity as Wayfair have rewritten the play book for shopping for the home. The ideal candidate has a passion for our products and technology and is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
What is the role:
- Support with the new supplier onboarding process by reviewing suppliers’ packaging and quality specifications and providing recommendations in line with Wayfair’s standards
- Work with a team of packaging engineers to implement new innovative solutions to improve the customer experience
- Help build the best possible selection for our customers, developing partnerships with new vendors
- Help to develop and improve the on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers and identifying technical improvement areas
- Collaborate cross functionally with buying, supplier operations, logistics, transportation, and category management departments to find optimal solutions for a variety of product types
- Analyze and report on the performance of recruited vendors on incidence rates
- Sufficient experience in Supply Chain, Packaging or Quality
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent communication ability – both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems, implement solutions, and bring forward outside the box thinking
- Innovative mindset to find best practices for packaging and quality control
- Analytical thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and results-driven
- Intermediate to Advanced level in MS Excel – Pivot Tables, vlookups etc.
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization and a constantly changing work environment
- Experience with e-commerce or retail would be an advantage
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 peopleTag: SLS