Corporate Systems Engineer
Corporate Engineering Role
We are looking to grow our Corporate Engineering team, part of Wayfair’s Corporate IT division, by bringing on board a talented individual to help manage our core AD infrastructure and cloud initiatives. This position will be located in our Wayfair headquarters in Boston. This individual will be a member of our Infrastructure Engineering department with a broad exposure to a range of infrastructure and technologies.
This position offers the ideal candidate a full range of IT operational and project-based experience from managing high-capacity servers and services to being involved with the latest technology platforms that support our growing business. As a member of a tight-knit team tasked with building and supporting a various number of services and platforms, this position requires architecting solutions, forward thinking, and planning for growth while being able to multi-task operational work. As the senior member of our team, being able to think through issues without requiring assistance from others is key.
- Advanced knowledge of core Windows systems such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Sites and Services.
- Up to date on latest Windows Server versions (2012 R2 and 2016)
- Strong technical experience with Microsoft Azure and managing hosts in the cloud.
Create PowerShell scripts/modules for automating daily systems administration tasks.
- Prefers working with Server Core/Nano vs full GUI.
- Manage trust relationships between multiple forests and domains
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and service topologies
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to Wayfair technical standards, policies and procedures
- Act as a mentor/resource for other IT Support teams
- Understand of SSO technologies such as SAML 2.0 and adaptive MFA
- Strong understanding of SCCM 2012
- Understand security best practices with administering a domain
- Manage a Microsoft Exchange 2013/Office 365 environment
- Ability to project manage and see a project through to completion
- Maintain health and availability of global Active Directory forest
- Understand, design, and implement of Group Policy objects
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3-7 years' experience
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Influencing and creating partnership across corporate and production teams as well as partnering with end user facing teams
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to find the best possible outcome for a given scenario.
- Experience working with and maintaining a large AD environment with Exchange and GP deployed applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately.
- Familiarity with email, FTP, DHCP, DNS and HTTP technologies
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies -- IIS, SCCM, SCOM, WSUS, Windows Clustering a plus
- Unix/Linux knowledge/interest a plus
- Scripting and automation ability, especially in Powershell, and/or PHP, a large plus
- Experience working with source control (SVN, Git, etc)
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard/being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ENGR-INFR