CastleGate Strategic Account Leader
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
As part of our team, you’ll have the ability to:
- Work closely with Senior Leadership on the CastleGate and Wayfair teams to help identify suppliers that fit our high volume goals and pitch the program.
- Develop and execute transformational eCommerce brand strategies crucial to our logistics solutions and future business strategy.
- Hone your general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, and supply chain. And you will develop world class dinner survival skills in “hot spots” like Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, and Orlando.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Senior Manager to help us build a profitable business within CastleGate servicing the full outsource of all ecommerce fulfillment for major consumer brands. In this role, you will be building relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance the business agenda for supporting this growing area of the CastleGate business. You will own the relationships with strategic suppliers that have potential high volume eCommerce businesses and can create efficiencies in our supply chain by utilizing CastleGate to support their business
In this role, you will develop a close understanding of the eCommerce space for prominent consumer brands, identify solutions and services that will fit with the CastleGate business model, develop pricing structures, negotiate business terms and manage the supplier’s businesses once they have joined the program
The Leader must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will be a self-starter with passion for eCommerce, and a creative problem solver. You will be responsible for setting the business goals of this area of the program and driving execution.
This is a great opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair. Standout Account Managers rapidly build experience and exposure that leads to a senior management career trajectory.
A successful Leader within CastleGate Strategic Account Management is:
- Someone with a strong senior presence, able to speak to executives, both internally and externally
- Successful in negotiations, particularly in a consultative approach to problem solving and with a strong ability to pivot real time
- Someone who is able to juggle multiples goals and initiatives effectively
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly
- Able to balance analytical thinking with effective, persuasive communication
- Able to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Able to solve problems in a creative and effective manner
- Able to take ownership and drive results
- Comfortable with ambiguity
As a Leader within CastleGate Strategic Account Management you will:
- Develop strategy for how to approach and build this area of the business
- Build strong relationships with potential suppliers and gain insight into how we can support their future plans in eCommerce
- Manage existing 3PL relationships and identify areas of opportunity in the existing service offering
- Work with warehouse and industrial engineering team to identify opportunities and approaches for supporting increased volume
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product to build new supplier relationships (4-8 times per year in cities such as New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas)
What we’re looking for:
- MBA from top tier school and experience in one of the following fields, consulting, consultative sales, account management.
- Successful entrepreneurs who have built similar or related product/service offerings, especially in the logistics space
- Innovative leader who is looking for an opportunity to lead product category verticals strategy and execution
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics is a plus.
- Strong analytical experience and is comfortable operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Detailed oriented and has strong client or customer management experience skill. Comfortable in front of C level executives.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-CG