Wayfair is looking for a Facilities Technician Lead to join the Workplace Services team to perform a variety of maintenance and manual labor. Workplace Services is a fast paced, solution-oriented team that supports Wayfair’s employees and office environment. The Services team strives to provide a safe, clean, welcoming, and productive community for all Wayfairians. The Maintenance Tech Lead will be responsible for repairing, monitoring and completing a variety of tasks for the day-to-day physical operations at our Boston headquarters. This role will support internal and external stakeholders with a customer mindset. Previous experience in light construction a plus.
- Patching and painting walls and surfaces.
- Fix and repair any reported issues throughout the building.
- Survey all office areas and identify any maintenance concerns.
- Repair adjust doors and hardware.
- Assist with the coordination, set-up, and take-down of meetings and events.
- Cove base and carpet repairs.
- Ceiling tile replacement
- Minor plumbing and mechanical repairs
- Hangs boards, pictures, signs and other wall fastened items.
- Ability to perform carpentry tasks such as (drywall, compound and tape).
- Minor furniture repairs (motorized sit/stand desks)
- Promote and nurture Wayfair culture to local employees.
- Respond appropriately in an emergency.
- Able to work off hours when required.
- Report regularly and effectively to the Copley WS Manager on all aspects of site operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Lead.
- Abilities to read building plans a plus.
- Maintain a professional, safe and clean environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent and recent experience in the construction industry.
- Facilities maintenance experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, painting, appliance repair, electrical and plumbing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to receive directions from supervisor and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency on all site matters.
- Able to work as a productive and flexible team member.
- Confident self-starter.
- Energetic and friendly.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.