Workplace Services Senior Project Manager - Boston/North America
Wayfair is growing rapidly! With over 4500 employees in our Boston Headquarters and ~9000 employees worldwide, Wayfair is looking for a highly engaged, dynamic project management leader to help us rethink office construction and standardize builds across our North American field offices and in our Boston headquarters.
The scope of the opportunity is remarkable: we have hundreds of people joining the Wayfair team every month in dozens of offices across the US and Europe; we are adding new buildings at an astonishing rate. Our Workplace Services team is evolving our processes and scaling our teams on site quickly to keep up with the explosive demand and headcount growth.
The Workplace Services Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing construction build outs, important multi-stage projects and developing Junior Project Management team. This Senior Manager should be a team leader that can manage multiple projects across several locations at one time. This leader has an emphasis on site specific renovations, analysis, and recommendation and implementation of cost effective solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout.
- Willingness to understand and enforce complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, work letters, leases, project charters, surveys, and drawings.
- Identifies project delivery objectives, manages requests for third party proposals, completes bid analysis based on data driven comparisons and decisions, and leads vendor evaluation interviews.
- Interfaces directly with affected Business units to define requirements.
- Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate, budget, cash flow, work plan schedule and milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep corporate and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status variances. Create action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company requirements. Insure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely, and coordinated.
- Provides formal supervision for site specific external project managers.
- Ability to communicate clearly in fast-paced construction projects.
- Partners with corporate leadership to construct the unique work environment for Wayfair’s growing workforce.
- Utilizes data and technology to measure outcomes and efficiency of project implemented.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Over 7 years of General Business experience
- Senior presence and presentational skills
- Proven leader of teams
- Fast learner
- Some travel required