Wayfair is looking for an iOS architect to join our team. We have a team of 25 iOS engineers and we are looking to add an architect who will be a leader within our framework team to write great code and positively shape code frameworks and quality processes. Wayfair's iOS apps for Wayfair, Joss & Main, and AllModern have over 100,000 users per day and account for over $100M in revenue per year.
- Be a major contributor to app architecture and the team's technical direction by influencing team coding and quality practices.
- Write high quality Swift code. Contribute to Wayfair’s open source iOS projects.
- Work with the team to create new iOS apps and write new features and UI in our existing iOS apps.
- Build delightful user experiences with beautiful UI, engaging animations, and optimal performance.
- Provide mentorship and leadership for code consistency, good architecture practices and effective unit/UI testing.
- In depth understanding of Swift and Objective-C design patterns. We'd like to see 5-7 years of hands on coding experience.
- Significant experience with the iOS SDK.
- A proven ability to work in a large team and improve the codebase.
- Proven debugging and performance testing skills.
- Performed code/architecture reviews.
- Educated and mentored team members. Set technical standards.
- Contributed to open source projects.
- Great communication skills and a sense of humor.
- A desire to be part of an excellent mobile team.
- Several apps already listed in the app store.
- Experience writing apps that consume RESTful services.
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture.
- Knowledge of SQL and a web language like PHP, Python, Java, or C# is a plus.
- Experience writing apps for retail is a big plus.
A Few of the Perks:
- Be part of a team of great iOS developers.
- Have a measurable and highly visible impact on the revenue of a multi-billion dollar public retail giant
- Amazing company culture where we try new things, measure results, and actually have a work-life balance too.
- Equity grants.
- Check out our open source projects: https://github.com/wayfair.
- Check out our iOS apps: https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/wayfair-llc/id525522335.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.