Senior Manager, Commercial Leader for Ocean Supply Chain Services (m/f)
Wayfair is a leading ecommerce business that specialize in the drop shipment of home furnishing products for the home. As our global operations expand, we are looking for entrepreneurial leaders to consistently challenge and grow our business, whilst improving on customer experiences and products to our consumers.
Wayfair’s CastleGate Logistics group has formed an ocean forwarding division to manage the global movement of our Supplier’s products, who move their goods from origin factories through a CastleGate managed supply chain to our EU fulfillment warehouses.
Based at our EU Headquarter in Berlin, we require a Senior Manager to fulfil the role of Commercial Leader for Ocean Supply Chain Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a strong relationship with partners who can stay ahead of our rapid ocean supply chain growth to ensure smooth flow of goods by ocean container from origin countries to our fulfillment destinations. This requires oversight of a diversity of contracts, data connectivity with our CargoWise ocean platform, operational and customs processes
You will be a knowledgeable leader in ocean supply chain and be a fast-moving entrepreneur who will help us build strong supply chain partnerships with carriers, forwarding and customs agents so they can handle rapid scale in volume. At Wayfair and CastleGate Logistics, we expect you to bring new ideas forward and can promise as a part of our global Ocean Supply Chain Operations you will find constant excitement and challenge!
As the EU commercial leader for ocean supply chain, you will…
- Build & maintain relationships with Ocean Carriers, Container Dray Carriers, Forwarding and Customs Agents.
- Continue the CastleGate Logistics practice of entering organizations at the top level to share our growth story and build excitement at all levels towards our success.
- Identify and pursue technology solutions to support rapid scale in volume.
- Develop KPIs and reporting to support our goals
- Collaborate proactively within our organization to successfully move our growth forward together
- Identify and implement cost improvement initiatives on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Push our partners to automate every possible process we can between our organizations
- Implement and educate our team on best practices in partner interaction
- Be a liaison between our Partners and our Supplier’s using our ocean supply chain to maximize Supplier participation
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Significant experience in Ocean Logistics - EU and Asia
- Proven leadership skills and experienced in driving a high performance culture
- SME ocean, port and forwarding processes in the EU
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal (any other European languages are highly desirable)
- Motivated to build projects from scratch
- Make things move and constantly push for results
- A Change Agent & challenge new ideas/alternatives
- Network relationships with authorities is desirable
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.